Jan 30, 2009
I've tried in the past to keep every single receipt for that month so I could see what we were buying. I've even tried writing every thing down in a notebook and it didn't work. I would always lose a receipt or two and just give up. It's hard when you have to remember to get the receipts from the hubby, too. I could go online and check, but that would only tell me how much we spent and not on what. But after looking at our budget today, I am motivated to find out. It's going to be a lot of work, but it needs to be done. A trip to DisneyWorld is a big motivater, too!! ;)
Last night, we were talking to our friends and we decided to have a little challenge. Absolutely no eating out for the month of February. No quick stops through the drive-thru. No more being lazy --start packing a lunch every night for the husband. Not only will it be healthier for us, but I want to see if there is a drastic change in our checking accounts. The winner of the challenge has to buy dinner at a Japanese restaurant on the 1st of March! Pretty good incentive, right? =)
If anybody has a better, easier way to track spending your spending, I'd love to hear it!
Jan 29, 2009
I'll just come right out and say it. I love Victoria's Secret. I do. I know some people think that they are over-priced. Others think that their clothes are too revealing. And that their catalogs aren't very family-friendly. I pretty much agree with all of that.
I do think that their stuff is pricey. But, if you know me at all, you know that I never pay full price for ANYTHING. During the holidays you can score some pretty sweet deals from VS. They also pretty much always have coupon codes to use, and you can almost always get stuff for free with certain purchases.
I don't buy their clothes, only undergarments and pajamas (I was going to use their pj's for my things i love thursday post, but the ones I love are only sold during early winter). But, you are going to find not-so-modest clothing at any store you go to.
All that to say, I love VS's perfumes. Heavenly is my all-time favorite though. It just smells great and I always, always get compliments on it! :) People can't stop sniffing me, hehe. I first got a sample of it with one of my purchases and fell in love. I told my sister about the perfume and she just so happened to have a huge bottle of it... that she didn't care for! Score!
If you'd like to participate in Things I love Thursday, go on over to The Diaper Diaperies and add your link to Mr. Linky :) Or just go over to read what other people love!
Jan 27, 2009
Jan 26, 2009
Jan 21, 2009
Jan 20, 2009
If you'd like to participate in Tackle it Tuesday or just want to browse, head on over to 5minutesformom!
Jan 19, 2009
Happy Birthday, Honeybuns!!!! I love you and hope to spend many more birthdays with you!!! MWAH!
Jan 17, 2009
1 1/4 cups butter or margarine, softened
1 teaspoon baking soda
Preheat oven to 375°F. In large bowl cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy; beat in egg and vanilla. In medium bowl, combine oats, flour, baking soda and salt; blend into creamed mixture. Stir in M&M'S® Brand Milk Chocolate Mini Baking Bits. Drop by rounded tablespoon about 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake 8 to 9 minutes or until set. Do not overbake. Cool 1 minute on cookie sheets; transfer and cool completely on wire racks. Store in tightly covered container. MAKES ABOUT 4 DOZEN COOKIES.
Jan 15, 2009
The thing I am sharing today that I absolutely love is my black Scunci hair clip.. FOR thick hair! One year when my sister came to visit she had one.. and by the time she got on the airplane to go home, that little ole hair clip was in my hair. I have super thick, wavy, mid-length hair, and this clip holds every single piece. No slipping out.. nothing.. it stays put! I love it. It's the only thing I can and will use now. Scunci has a whole line of products made specifically for thick hair. Genius! If you see me in any of my pictures, I pretty much always have this clip in my hair. The only time I really don't have it in.. is in bed! That's it. Who knew something so simple like a hair clip could make me so happy? :)
Jan 14, 2009
Jan 12, 2009
~He got me to try snowboarding (he didn't listen when I told him I would really suck at it, and now he will even tell you it was a bad idea to go! HaHa).
~He's bought/rented movies that I had never seen, like - Jaws, Wizard of Oz, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory - the list goes on.
~He got me to go snorkeling in Jamaica! I don't even know how to swim and am deathly scared of the water. Thinking back on it now, I can't believe I did it. Crazy!
~He's gotten me to shoot his gun (I used to be the girl who would go nowhere near a gun, but I got to the part where I actually enjoy shooting them!).
~My husband even has me hooked on NASCAR. So much that I even watch it when he's not around. LOL. I can see my sister rolling her eyes right now.. she doesn't understand how great it is to watch cars go around and around, hehe ;)
~He's taken me to my first Pro football game, Pro baseball game, and this past weekend he took us to a Rodeo.
Brandon showing Kyle where the bulls are
waiting for them to let the bull out...
It was so sad seeing some of the guys fall off right away and get soooo upset. They would punch the fence or wall! I felt so bad for the guys! :(
Jan 11, 2009
1. Did you know you wanted to marry your spouse when you first met him? Hehe, nope! His friends were actually trying to hook him up with my bestfriend! So, yeah, no!!
2. Have you ever traveled to another country? I was born and raised in Japan. Moved to the United States almost three years ago. I went on a two day cruise to Nova Scotia when I was about 13yrs old. And in August of 2007, my hubby and I went on a cruise to the Grand Cayman Islands and Jamaica (it was for our friend's wedding). So, I've been to a few countries, but there a lot more I would like to visit.
3. Can you speak another language? I am half Japanese, but I can only speak a little Japanese. I understand pretty much all of it though! Oh, I took a year of Spanish in highschool, but the only thing I remember are the Bible verses we had to memorize.
4. Did you grow up in a Christian home? Kinda. My Mom went to church with us for a majority of my childhood, but for some reason just stopped as we got to be teenagers. But, my brother and I kept on attending church services. We even went to a Christian private school that our church in Japan had.
5. Do you keep in touch with any friends from high school? Yes, pretty much all of them actually! I guess it's not that big of a shocker since I only just graduated a few years ago, haha. Oh, and our school was SMALL, so it's easy to stay in touch.
I had so much fun doing this! If any of you would like your own questions to answer, let me know and I'll try to think of some good ones. But, be warned, I am super nosey!!! :~)
Jan 8, 2009
I can't believe another week has gone by. It's Friday already! I love doing surveys and questionaires, so this meme is totally me! If you would like to participate head on over to Tina's where she hosts Grilling Goodness!
- What's your 'dream machine' - as in vehicle? An Escalade!! Love them!!
Do you think you'll ever own it? Yes! My hubby is getting a Corvette one day and I'm getting my Escalade. Bling Bling ;)
- Can you water ski? hahaha, nope! I don't even know how to swim!
- What kind of milk to you prefer? Well, if I didn't struggle with my weight, I would so drink whole milk. But, I drink 2% most of the time. I'm slowly working on 1% though!
- Have any of your pet peeves 'gotten your goat' this week? Ummm, I don't know. But, probably so.
- How do you prepare your taxes? HR Block, Turbo Tax, by hand - or does someone else do it for you? My hubby uses something online, LOL. I think maybe it's Turbo Tax???
- Did you start a workout program this New Year? Nah, I get in little exercise moods here and there. Some days I'll watch a workout show on TV or I'll get on my treadmill. But, I have a goal to lose a significant amount of weight by June (more on that later!).
- Do you have a certain meal that you cook each and every week? No, I don't. But we do eat spaghetti at least once or twice a month. And I love me some Tuna Casserole. It's one of my comfort foods, so I make it quite a bit. There's nothing I make every week though.
- When do you normally write your blog posts? Whenever I get a free moment, haha. Either first thing in the morning while the kids are eating breakfast and watching cartoons, nap time, or late at night.
1 cup chocolate chips
Jan 7, 2009
Jan 4, 2009
only in Florida would you see this
only in Florida would you be wearing short sleeves on Christmas Eve
** I am a total slacker.. can't believe I'm posting about our Christmas Eve in January! **
Jan 3, 2009
-I am thankful that we didn't end up spending more than $100 to fix the Blazer.
-I am thankful that it wasn't anything serious.
-I am thankful for the man who told my husband what could be the problem.
-I am thankful that we even have two vehicles to drive around in.
-I am thankful for a husband who knows a few things about vehicles and can fix problems when they arise.
God is good. Sometimes we need a problem or two to remind us of that.