Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Mar 15, 2010

free decorating!

I love our house, I really do. I love having a bigger house.. an extra bedroom.. lots of cabinet space, but I don't like all the extra walls I have to decorate now! It wouldn't be a problem if I was, ya know, a millionaire and could afford to go out and buy all the cool, stylish things. We're a one-income family.. not a whole lot of money going towards beautiful landscape pictures. We also happen to be military folks. Which means, we move a lot. Our next house could be itty-bitty, so I really don't want to buy so much for this house when our next might not even be able to hold it all.

Anywho, all of that to say, I made something and I want to show you guys! ;)

I had to be creative and use what I had around the house.

Before.. another blank wall in the hallway.


A piece of cardboard that came with a package.
(I'm having some real issues moving my pictures around!!) My little sign. I just put some scrapbook paper on the cardboard. Some ribbon on the edges. Glued a little sign onto some more scrapbook paper and that was it!
My not so boring wall! :)
The hallway is kinda tiny (and dark!) so I couldn't get a picture of it all together. Had to do angle shots.

I am sooooooooo happy with it. I love that I used stuff that I had around the house and didn't have to pay a dime for it!! =)


5 comments:

The Nelson's said...

Thats very cute! What does your sign say?! I couldn't make it out.

jenn said...

Very cute! What a cool idea.

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

You crafty gal, you! Looks great!

More Than Words said...

Laura..it looks great! You are so creative.

Muthering Heights said...

Very creative, it looks nice! :)

Swidget 1.0