Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Aug 19, 2009

mooooooooooovin









Yep, that's how I've been feelin' since Monday. It's official, we are moving to New Mexico. I was already prepared for that, but what I wasn't prepared for is that we are leaving in January. We were praying for June, but it didn't go through. So, we only have 5 months left here in Florida.

Leah's birthday is in February and Kyle's birthday is in April. This will be their first birthday's that they won't have any family around! Such is the life of a military child!

It is going to be so hard leaving our church and our friends here. I don't allow myself to think about it too much, because the tears will start coming and then they won't stop.

Phew! I know this is God's plan for our life, but it definitely isn't easy!

6 comments:

More Than Words said...

Oh, I can imagine how hard it would be to uproot your family...especially before major moments like birthdays!!

Just keep giving it to God, Laura. He will give you complete peace!!

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

I don't think it ever gets easier either. I've done it all my life with being a former military brat and now wife. Hugs!

jenn said...

That has to be so hard. I'm sorry. I'll be praying that you guys find an awesome church and some great friends when you move.

Mary said...

Sorry hon that sucks! At least it's not cold in New Mexico in January right? Sorry, just trying to look on the positive side.

Elizabeth Mahlou said...

Just think, though, that now you will have two sets of wonderful friends, your current friends, with whom you will of course stay in touch and your new friends-to-be who may bring you countless blessings that you could not even imagine right now.

Kristin said...

I will pray that you find a church and meet new friends that will be like family to you! :)

Swidget 1.0