Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Nov 9, 2009

Chocolate Chip Cookies

My favorite cookies are Chocolate Chip Cookies. Nothing can beat it. What can I say? I'm a simple girl!

For, like, the first 2yrs of our marriage I only made these cookies. They are very, very good. But I really prefer flat and chewy over anything else. It took me a really long time to find my perfect chocolate chip cookie recipe. But I've found it and I don't use anything else now!! These don't last for very long when I make them, too!

Here you go! Enjoy!

2 1/4 c. flour (I use half whole wheat flour and half white.. but I usually end up using more wheat though. I love what it does to the texture to the cookie! Healthier, too!)
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp salt
1c. (2sticks) butter, softened (I always use salted for these cookies.. just my preference!)
3/4 c. white sugar
3/4 c. brown sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
2 large eggs
2c. milk chocolate chocolate morsels. (I've used semi-sweet and we like milk choc. better)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Combine flour, baking soda, and salt.
Beat butter, sugars, and vanilla in mixer.
Add eggs 1 at a time. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in morsels.
Drop by tablespoon-fuls on ungreased cookie sheets.
Bake 9-11mins (mine our done right at 9mins).
Cool a minute or two then transfer to wire racks.

2 comments:

More Than Words said...

Okay, Laura..I'm going to make these cookies!! I also wanted to find a good homemade chocolate chip recipe. I just need to buy some ingredients!!

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

These sound delish!! Love me some chocolate chip cookies!!

Swidget 1.0