Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Mar 31, 2009

chat

I just feel like chit chattin' for a second. Is that okay?

I made this soup for dinner the other night. It was really, really good. It was almost like a dip, but it was still delicious!! Kyle especially loved it.. he had 2 bowls the first night!! Next time I think I will add in some black beans or some other filler like corn. I didn't use as much water as it called for. And I also didn't make the Pico de Gallo.

The girls and one guy @ The Sisterhood of Shrinking Jeans are giving away SEVEN copies of Jillian Michaels' DVD, 30 Day Shred! Go here to enter for yourself!

My face has looked like one of a 15yr olds these past few months. I really don't know what is going on. It's super frustrating though. I have tried Acne Free and even ProActiv and still am broken out. I need to make an appt. with a dermatologist, but I'm still unsure of how to do that. You know 'cause we're military and I'm just the spouse. I need to figure it out and maybe can get prescribed something to help! *sigh*

I am still working out! I feel really good about myself. I've been going 5 days a week and yet have gained 2lbs. If I gain another pound, I think I'll cry. Actually, I know I will.

Leah is now 13 months old and she is still nursing. When I took her in for her 1yr check-up. Her pediatrician told me I deserved an award for breastfeeding her this long. He even told me "you rock!" haha. It was great. We are down to 2 feedings a day, so I know it won't be too much longer until it's over.

We have found a really great church. We have been church-hoppin' for quite some time now. I had an issue with them 2yrs ago (it was about their nursery and not anything to do with their beliefs or doctrines).. and I am now ok. The 1st Sunday we went there, I told the nursery workers about what happened with Kyle and I think they understand. I still make a note when I sign her in, just in case. This is the first church that Kyle really enjoys. He doesn't cry at all when we drop him off, so that's a good sign, right? :)

Speaking of Kyle, he's going to be turning three next month (or this month, depending on when you are reading this). I am not prepared whatsoever!!! I always tell him that he's my baby and he says to me "No, Mommy, me Kyle!" hahahaha. What a goofball!

Okay, it's bed time for me now!! Goodnight ya'll!!

6 comments:

Daphine said...

I plan on trying your potato soup very soon! I plan on getting the ingredients this weekend!

As for the breaking out, you may want to just try washing your face in plain ole Dove bar soap. I use this and it's awesome. I use it in the mornings before my moisturizer and then again at night right before bed. Just a suggestion....

Glad to hear a good report from the doctor on Leah and a mom that "rocks"! Great job!

Have a great evening!

jenn said...

I'm totally not trying to discount what Daphine said, but my sister's dermatologist told her that Dove is the worst thing you can use. I don't know why because I've never been to a dermatologist (and I'm breaking out too), but I know she told my sister not to use it.

That's so funny what Kyle says. Shiloh does the same thing when I call her anything else. Tonight I called her "kiddo" and she said, "I not kiddo, I Shiloh!"

More Than Words said...

Hi Laura!!!
Don't fret about gaining those 2lbs, girl! You have been working out consistently, and it may be muscle you're gaining. And that weighs more than fat!

I'm glad you found a great church!!! It's so important to get plugged in, and have fellowship with other like minded believers! I think that finding a church that the kids feel comfortable in is equally important! If you are getting fed, and the kids are being taken care of, then that is totally the Lord! I hope you continue to go, plus the kids will get used to that routine of going.

Oh..and your baby is turning 3!! Aww!!!!!! This sounds soooo redundant..but they do grow so fast!!!

Okay..I'll talk to you later!!

OH...and as far as the acne, I'm not sure if you do this, but wash your face in really cold water. That helps w/ the pores!!! I've been doing that for YEARS (since my very early 20's)!!!

Arlene said...

This post sounds like one of our conversations on the phone -- a little of everything but somehow still informative and interesting :o)

I've been working out, too, and so far the only places I'm seeing results are in my stinkin' arms... not my behind, not my belly, not my legs! Just my arms. I'm trying to remember that it takes time, but come on -- my honey's coming back in 6 weeks, my body needs to get with it, LOL! :P I hope you'll start to see more results that you like, too.

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

They sure do grow up fast. Don't they?!

I would go to the dr on base and then they can refer you downtown to a dermatologist. :D

Even though you aren't losing any weight, are you noticing a way your clothes fit? :D

mwilson86 said...

Laura,

I just wanted to let you know that maybe you are gaining weight because you are gaining muscle, you have to measure your progress in more ways then just the scale...like smaller measurements ect....muscle is good, it increases metablolism which will result in loosing more fat.....hang in there you are doing great!!! Kyle is so precious :P

Swidget 1.0