Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Sep 7, 2009

Labor Day Meme

Jill over at The Diaper Diaries decided to do a Labor Day Meme, and I couldn't resist! If you decide to play along let me know!

How long were your labors?
You know, I don't really understand this question. None of my doctors ever told me "Hey! You were in labor for 15hrs!". So, if someone could tell me when the time "starts to count", I'd be grateful.

Anyhow, with Kyle, my contractions started Tuesday evening, didn't get any sleep that night! Wednesday had contractions ALL day long. They got closer and closer around 7pm, so we went in to the hospital. Kyle wasn't born until 4am Thursday.

With Leah, my water broke in bed around 3am. Got to the hospital around 530am. Miss Leah was born at 2:22pm!

How did you know you were in labor?
Kyle: Horrible contractions.
Leah: Water broke.

Where did you deliver?
Kyle: Mountain Home Air Force Base, Idaho
Leah: An AFB in Florida

Drugs?
Kyle: Asked for the epidural as soon as I walked in, had so many problems, and had to get a spinal.
Leah: Wanted to go natural, but asked for an epidural near the end. It wore off in no time, and I kept asking for more, but he wouldn't do anything about it.. next thing I know, I was insisting it was time to push!

C-section?
Nope.

Who delivered?
Military doctors, but my husband could have since he was all up in my business! hahaha.. Love ya, Babe!

11 comments:

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

What a cool meme! Fun to learn about your labors! :D

Erica said...

It's interesting to read about other women's labors. I'm only a few months along with my first!

By the way, you were drawn as the winner for my End of the Summer Giveaway. I sent you an email.

Erica @ Hindrance

More Than Words said...

That was a cute meme!! I know, I had the epidural too, and one time it completely wore off! Worst pain ever!

Mary said...

What happened to the 1950's dad that waited in the waiting room for the baby to be born? I've had Josh and my doctor down there looking together at things and I'm like UMMMM HELLO!!!!! lol

Brittany said...

thanks for stopping by my blog!! i'm hosting a Goodwill party every Wednesday!! Stop by and join in.

thediaperdiaries said...

Geez, what is the point of going through getting an epidural if they good stuff wears off too soon? That stinks!!

Katy Montgomery said...

The comment about your husband made me laugh!! It is fun to share about our labor stories. Who knew we would find so much joy in talking about such a grueling experience!! No drugs? Bless your heart. I was going for it, all natural and all and then got scared. I was induced and was in labor for 13 hours. Now, I only felt about 30 minutes worth of contractions. We watch movies the rest of the time. I had a c section because I didn't dilate beyond a 4. After feeling 30 minutes of active labor, I felt so sorry for all those women who had to endure 13 + hours of labor with no meds!! So not for me. Praise God for effective medicine!!!

jenn said...

What a fun meme. I wish I had seen it sooner (like on Labor Day). I would have participated.

Marie said...

dont forget i was right with brandon in your business when u were having leah LOL

Anonymous said...

good day friends. I'm honestly into shoes and I had been digging for that particular brand. The prices due to the fact that the sneakers are approximately 210 pounds everwhere. But completely I base this site selling them someone is concerned half price. I in reality love these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely purchase these. what is your opinion?

Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.

Swidget 1.0