Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Oct 1, 2009

Hot Chicken Salad Casserole

This recipe is my ultimate favorite comfort food dish! I hardly ever get to eat it, since my hubby is a very big picky eater. If I left out all the ingredients he didn't like, it would't be the same!!

-1 cup rice, cooked according to package directions.
-4 cups chopped, cooked chicken
-1 can cream of chicken soup
-1 small onion, chopped
-1/2 tsp salt
-2 tsp lemon juice
-3/4 cup chopped celery
-1 can water chesnuts, chopped
-1/2 cup mayo
-2 hard-boiled eggs (I use 3 or 4, depending on my mood. I love eggs!)
-8oz. Cheddar cheese, grated
-about 2 cups of crumbled Lays potato chips (enough to cover the dish)

Combine all ingredients, except cheese and chips, and mix well. Spoon into a greased 9x13 casserole dish. Top with grated cheese and refrigerate. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Sprinkle crumbled chips on top of casserole and bake for 35mins.

I usually skip the refrigeration step. Not sure why the recipe tells you to do that, but I really don't think it's necessary. I just added it in there for you recipe followers out there, hehe.


** shout out to my sister for passing along this yummy recipe! Love you, Marie!! **

4 comments:

The Gabes said...

This sounds yummy! I can't wait to try it.

More Than Words said...

Yum..sounds good!!

My husband is picky w/ certain things too!

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

Yum! I make a hot chicken salad, too! :D Delish!

New Mom said...

Ok, I have to admit, this recipe *sounds* weird on *paper.* However, I have come to realize that the BEST recipes are usually the ones that sound weird! And speaking of recipes, do share your ccc recipe for the chewy ones. And thanks for stopping by my blog!

Swidget 1.0