Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Oct 27, 2009

Lime Chicken

My hubby really likes this chicken recipe. If you aren't a fan of limes (like me) then you don't want to try this one, lol. I think it's too lime-y, but my husband disagrees! Anyways, since Arlene asked me for this one, I thought I would just post it up here for every one else.

2tbsp lime peel
1/4c. lime juice
1/4c. olive oil
2 tbsp cilantro (I usually use more than this)
1/2 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 small jalapeno chili seeded and chopped (I use 2 or 3)
1 clove garlic, minced
4 chicken pieces flattened to 1/4" thin (I use tenders or breasts)

I just throw everything into a ziploc bag and let it marinate pretty much all afternoon. I have tried cooking this in my crockpot and on the grill and we prefer the grill. I haven't tried the oven yet, but I'm sure once winter rolls around I will try it that way.

I think my blog is turning into a food blog!! Seems like all my posts have been recipes lately. Sorry.. it just seems like I don't have anything to blog about, or if I do, the time just gets away from me. October has been the craziest month this year for us. Is it like that for every one else??

4 comments:

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

Ohhh, I bet this is delish!

The Nelson's said...

I might have to try this one! Nick loves limes, I'm not a huge fan, but I can make it. Lol. Thanks!

More Than Words said...

I like lime! I'll have to try that one day!!!

How are you, girl??

You're going to be moving soon, right???

Daphine said...

I love limes...this sounds delicious! Definitely adding this to my recipes to try.

Thanks!

Swidget 1.0