Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Feb 3, 2009

just a little.. discouraged..

I was telling my husband today that I wish as soon as you started working out, that you could see instant results. It's been almost 3 weeks and I haven't seen a difference. But, I will keep on pushing. Keep on working out four times a week. And keep trying my best to eat healthy. I am almost tempted to bump my exercising up to 5-6 times a week. Can you tell I can be a little impatient at times?

On Saturday, we went to a friend's house for a going away/watch a fight game get together. And then to another friend's house on Sunday for the SuperBowl. So, needless to say I so did not eat very well this weekend. I drank way too much soda, too! But, I am not going to beat myself up for it. It's over with, and now I just need to concentrate on eating better now. I'm not going to say "I can't eat that" or "I'm not going to eat this", because not eating something I love will just make me cranky. So, I need to work on portion controls. I'm going to allow myself to eat a choc. chip cookie, or to eat some sausage dip -- just not 10 cookies or 2 bowlful's of dip. I think I'll be okay if I can work on portion sizes.

How is every one else doing with their eating habits and exercise routines?

5 comments:

Daphine said...

Hey sweet friend!
You're doing great! I wish that I could get an exercise routine down.

Big hugs your way today friend!

Jenny said...

Laura dont let your self get discouraged! It will only be worse! I didnt lose weight this month either but I lost inches! I am going to keep pushing and say WE CAN DO THIS!

More Than Words said...

Laura..don't be discouraged. You're like me, I like to see quick results! I've slacked on my diet this past weekend, but that's okay! You're right, it's all about portion control and not totally depriving yourself! Just keep on doing what you're doing. I'm sure you feel so much better than you did prior to working out!!

HUGS,
Alicia

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

Don't get discouraged! Sometimes the results will show even in how your clothes fit or how much more you can do - endurance. It will come! :D

Brooke said...

i'm there too. i have about 8-10 pounds to lose and and frustrated because i want it all to come off at once!

Swidget 1.0